A crenelated mansion house of beautiful architecture built with granite stones on 330 acres, lays abandoned near the area of Killeavy in Newry, Newry and Mourne, Ireland.
It was first known as the Killeavy Lodge with the manor as it is seen today having been initially built between 1810 and 1820. It was enlarged and styled by George Papworth at the commission of Powell Foxall and family in 1836. The newly remodeled home was finished in 1837 as a Gothic style castle. By 1852 the castle went up for sale but no buyer came through and only some of the property was sold. In 1881, the Bell family received the estate and it became known then and continues to be called today, Bell’s Castle.
The castle has since fallen into various states of decay with the 2 gate lodges and the south lodge having been demolished. The castle was auctioned in 2013 and purchased for 1.19 million Euros. It had not been lived in and completely allowed to fall into decay for over 10 years. The new owners plan on turning it into a wedding venue if financially feasible.
The manor ruins lie next to the Slieve Gullion, in a government established Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty (AONB).
Where is this abandoned manor ruin located? You can find it with these coordinates. 54.123195, -6.410793.